Monday, April 23, 2007

Best Friend, a little quickie, and new stash!

Not a whole lot accomplished on this one. It's 40 ct Newcastle and I'm stitching it 2 over 2. After spending so much time with Goblin stitching 1 over 1 on 28 ct., I think I'm hooked on over 1. It feels much easier and quicker to me. Maybe it's just me... Anyway, this is my progress after last week's Quick Stitch SAL. I'm going to stick to this for a bit and see if it will flow a little better for me.


This is a little Damask Ornie I found in The Cross Stitcher-June 2007, designer De Selby. It's on Silkweaver Remembrance Rose 32 ct. Belfast Linen, DMC 107 2 over 2. I am not going to make an ornament out of it. I am thinking about stitching "Mother" below it and framing it for my MIL for Mother's Day. I'm not sure. I have to see it done and then I'll think about how to finish it.


And Finally for today, NEW STASH!!!! Check out these gorgeous silks from Carrie's Creation! Wowzers! I started looking at her site when I decided that I want to stitch Bouquet for Cheryl and I read on the Ink Circles site that Carrie had created a floss especially for Cheryl Miller. It's Lumiere de Cheryl, the second one in from the right. Is it not fabulous!!!? I have to play with fabric now to get it just right! I don't know what I will be using the others for, but I'm sure something will pop up!

1 comment:

Hazel said...

Awwww wow that is amazing on 40 count! Looks so lovely. The colours stand out so well. Lovely new stash too. xx