Saturday, May 5, 2007


Fellow sitiching blogger Cindy was kind enough to send me the instructionss and answer my many questions, on how to make a cube out of my Mother's Day motif. Thank you Cindy!!! I'm not happy with the edges yet, so I am going to take it apart and re-do it. Cindy's looks much neater. This is just my firt attempt at it. You can't even imagine what I started out with! I am a bannana-head! Rather than make a block like this I originally had a 10x10x10x10 cube. What I mess I made! Cindy straightened me out on that! I'll get another picture when I have it just the way I want it.

Next my Best Friend update. This is after the Wed. QS SAL this week. I haven't been working a lot on this, not a lot of time this week.

We are renovating my kitchen from the ground up and having no sink, range, floor, etc. in there has been interesting. Not to mention the workers in and out and the random trips to the supply house that DH is constantly sending me on. It's been a real mess, but now the ceiling is up, the floor is down, the walls are freshly painted, and the cabinets started being hung yesterday. All my appliances are here now too, except for the sink. Countertop template is scheduled for Tues., and they say they are planning that installation for the following Tues. So if all goes well, I may have a working kitche by May 15th.

Kitchen Renovation

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm glad to see your cube finish! The fabric and ribbon that you used are very pretty. I think that all you need to do with the edging is pull it a bit tighter, and you'll be good :)