Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Birthday & Other Stuff

My Birthday was last Friday and my DH gave me this lovely necklace: A cat of course!


















My 2 boys (the cats) got their Mom this lovely figurine:


Aren't they just the best?!



On the stitching side, I did start Rosey! The bad news is I had a major visit from the frogs! Here's the deal... As you probably know, I will be stitching 4 cats on one piece of fabric. They are all close to the same size within a few rows. But since they will be together I have to make the all the same size. So Rosey needs 9 extra rows that aren't on the chart. The best way I could figure to do this was to split it up and add 4 rows to the top and 5 rows to the bottom. Sounds not too difficult... HA! IF YOU CAN COUNT! LOL! I started Friday, stitching with my delicious VC silks and loving it. Since I need the extra 4 rows across the top I decided to get them out of the way first. So I used the 1st row and repeated it at the top 4 times - that's 175 stitches across the entire top row, 4 times. THEN I realized that I had mis-counted! Holy Cow! Why couldn't I have seen that after the FIRST row!!!? I usually count and re-count a million time, I don't know WHAT I was thinking! So... I had to rip it, rip it, rip it! On top of this I had to be so careful, since it's silk and I didn't want to ruin it. What a job! But I mamaged to do it, and I've re-stitched it all now, so here is my start on Rosey after much ado!

This is what she will look like:

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow I love that necklace!