Friday, May 2, 2008

Pics from my Trip



Last week we attended the Passport to Dry Creek Valley in Healdsburg, CA. We left on Wed. and it didn't start till Fri. So on Thurs. we went to see the Redwoods in a place called Avenue of the Giants. Aplty named, I'd say...

















This is a downed tree shown from the upended root side. That my DH on the left, just to give the idea of how large these trees are!

Well, enough pics for now. I'll have more from the wineries later. I'm going back to the doctor. I did a course of antibiotics that I finished before we left on our trip. I was feeling a little better until Sunday. Then it all came back and with a terrible barking cough. We didn't get home till this Wed. and the first I could get into the doctor was today. Wish me luck! I'll write again later!

1 comment:

gatofish said...

I grew up in Healdsburg! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. It was a beautiful place to live in. It has changed a whole lot since I was there, though. My favorite bookstore (Toyon Books) has closed. And can you believe there is no crafty store???? Terrible, I know. :)