Friday, August 28, 2009

New Start

I was so excited to see Linda Ravenscroft's Mystic Mogs charted by HAED. There are four of them, and I got them all. I have no self control. I started Arthur over the weekend. It's not that exciting looking, as I started in the upper left corner. It's all background so far.

First the Original beauty:

Here's my start:




Stats: 32 ct. Zweigart Belfast Linen, Olive Green. Full cross 1 X 1.

Belfast isn't my favorite, but it was the perfect size and I liked the contrast from the backround of the chart to the fabric. The background is a lot of creamy, peachy, yellowy floss, and I thought it would be too hard to see where I stitched and where I didn't if I went with a more netural color. I can always run the matt right up to the edge of the stitching later on if I don't like the look of the fabby. It isn't a dark color, it's soft and light, not like you would think of an Olive Green. This is the first HAED I am attempting on 32 ct. Everything else is on 28 ct. What do you think? Does it look okay?

It's soothing, just stitching a lot of one color for a while. It's a contrast to other projects with a lot of detail stitching. I'm going to try to work my way (cross country) down to his ears. Get some of the detail stitches going, then I'll have a reference point to work over to where there is less detal stitching on the other side. That way I can work on either a lot of detail, or not, depending on my mood. Plus getting used to the 32 ct. doing a lot of one color is helpful.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Is that 32 ct over one?
(if it is wow! I only ever do HAED over one on 25).
A great start. Looking forward to it. :)

Tama said...

Wow.
That's about all I have to say - I'd love to do a HAED but they intimidate me a little.